Editing a new article and preparing it for publication usually takes a fortnight (though some APH Papers may take slightly longer).
- We welcome contributions from historians of all periods and themes. We aim to address policy significance in a distinctly Australian setting, but through historical research spanning both Australian and overseas subjects.
- You don’t have to be based in a higher education institution or have completed a doctorate in order to contribute to Australian Policy & History, but your article must be deemed by the editorial team to be of a professional standard within the discipline of history.
- We accept proposals for new articles at any time and also approach historians directly for contributions.
- We aren’t prescriptive about what themes should be addressed, provided the current policy relevance is clear and the historical content is of a high quality.
- We aim to publish new articles to coincide with current and emerging policy issues, so please allow us as much notice as possible of your intention to submit a draft.
For further advice, please contact Carolyn Holbrook.
By submitting an article you are agreeing to the Contributor’s Agreement.
The views expressed in Articles on this website are those of the individual contributors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors or other members of the APH Network, its partner institutions, or any affiliated organisations. The APH Network does not guarantee the accuracy of the information provided in Articles and accepts no responsibility for any consequence of its use.
This website and its contents are subject to copyright under the laws of Australia and, through international treaties, other countries. The copyright in materials in this website as a whole is owned by the APH Network. Third parties own the copyright in some materials incorporated within this website. You may view this website and its contents using your web browser and save an electronic copy, or print out a copy, of parts of this website solely for your own information, research or study, but only if you: do not modify the copy; and include the copyright notice “© APH Network and contributors (year). All rights reserved” on the copy. You must not otherwise exercise the copyright in the whole or any part of this website for any other purpose except as expressly permitted by statute or with the APH Network’s prior consent.